[fluid-dev] Re: QSynth crashing with subversion FluidSynth

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: QSynth crashing with subversion FluidSynth
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:09:55 +0100

Josh Green wrote:
> I'm currently trying to debug the issue with subversion FluidSynth and
> Qsynth when meter display is enabled.  I'm not getting a crash though.
> I've tried both qsynth 0.2.6 and 0.3.1.  Both of them appear to have
> problems when meters are enabled, but no crash, just a message like:
>
> fluidsynth: warning: Could not connect to any physical jack ports;
> fluidsynth is unconnected
>
> It would be pretty helpful if I could reproduce the same crash.  Any
> tips Rui?  Is Qsynth using FluidSynth as a shared library or spawning it
> as a separate process?

no, i can't reproduce it either. evidence was inferred from david gdb
backtraces and my old acknowledgement of very same issue on macosx,
which seems to be quiet again as from latest reports.

qsynth links to libfluidsynth.so so the answer is yes for the shared
library question.

what about that ladspa hint? it also makes some sense to me, as when
libfluidsynth is enabled with ladspa support I remember to be very
crashy, even though no plugins were being inserted.

bye now
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela