Re: [fluid-dev] hauptwerk

From: Julien Claassen
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] hauptwerk
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 00:11:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi John, Josh!
  No as I heard it on LAC the editor aeolus provides is just to manipulate
aelus' internal format. It's so to say a syntheiszer-interface to aelous
additive synth.
  And as I am aware, aelus doesn't store samples at all. It has config-files,
which describe parameters of the additive synthesis model and of course it has
to calculate real sound, but this is to my knowledge only stored in RAM, when
aeolus starts up. Aeolus is NOT sample-based in the least. Fons' approach is
purely over synthetic/physical models.
  I haven't heard hauptwerk before, but if you're only interested in including
your organ-sounds in your typical linux-audio environment you may directly try
aeolus.
  Otherwise: there's a small utility called sfubar, you have to google for it,
it can create soundfonts from .wav or .aif-files with certain limits though.
  Kindest regards
        Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net