[fluid-dev] Sample-accurate timing

From: Nathaniel Gray
Subject: [fluid-dev] Sample-accurate timing
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 15:02:10 -0700

Hi fluid-devs,

I'm doing a VST/AU/etc embedding of FluidSynth and I've had a lot of success so far, but there's one issue I'm not sure about. As usual in audio plugin architectures, I've got a callback for rendering a "chunk" of audio samples. The callback also gets a list of midi events that should occur within the chunk, along with the sample offset of each event within the chunk. My current approach is just to throw away the offset and trigger every event at the beginning of the chunk, since I couldn't see a way to schedule an event without using the sequencer interface (which would probably be overkill). This is not *too* bad, but I'd really prefer to get sample-accurate timing. Is there some way to do this?

BTW, I'll let you know when the plugin is ready for public consumption.

Thanks,
-n8

PS: I know this is the fluidsynth list, but I know Josh is around here and I thought you might want to know that the swami website is dead with some trac error.