Re: [fluid-dev] sequencer / synth bug ?

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] sequencer / synth bug ?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:42:22 +0200

Hi Mihail,

you mean that the 1ms accuracy of fluid may be the cause of the problem ? But the noteoffs are programmed about 7 ms after the noteons...

What do you mena by 'low latency tuning' ? Large playback buffers ?

One thing to note is that the midifile playing feature of fluidsynth does not use the fluid sequencer. As the problem happens with boths ways (my fluidXtra ises the sequencer, and the standard midifile playback does not), it means that it is related to the fluid synthesis itself, not a problem of accuracy in the sequencer. This rules out the sequencer as a cause of the problem, which is good to know.

Your points about aplaymidi loosing notes too, and well as rosegardan (even though it looses less notes) is interesting. It means that this midi file is touching some midi playing general limit.

Thanks for your help, I'm really try to understand and fix this problem,