[fluid-dev] Re: SF2 loader from libInstPatch

From: Miguel Lobo
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: SF2 loader from libInstPatch
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 18:56:27 +0200

Hi Josh,

I can perfectly understand the source of your frustration and I'm fine with leaving the subject alone.  I was just trying to make sure that my motivations were not misunderstood.  Better safe than sorry ;)

I'm of course aware of the restrictions of the LGPL and I certainly intend to give credit to the authors of the original code.

Thanks for your offer to help with my questions as I will surely have many.

Sounds fine if you are just porting the SoundFont loader.  But then why
not just continue using the FluidSynth one?

Well, the FluidSynth loader code doesn't look very good and yours seems far more complete.  I also wanted to see how difficult porting that loader is in case I want to port the GigaSampler or DLS loaders in the future.  Hope that doesn't upset you ;)

Best regards,
Miguel