Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth changes

From: Miguel Lobo
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth changes
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:38:03 +0200

Specifics please. Which versions and for which OSes.

I'm using MSVC.NET 2003 which can target Windows from 2000 (possibly earlier) on.  I'm sure you can find more information in the microsoft.com website.

> On the ones with 90%+ of the user base?

You are being vague again. The user base of what? Does MSVC work on
Solaris? I doubt that.

Are you serious?  I meant the Windows OSes, which AFAIK are used by the vast majority of computer users on the planet.

Fluidsynth has been ported to Solaris.  So, you want to build
fluidsynth as a dll?

As I plan to support Linux and Windows/MinGW32 (and hopefully MacOSX and other Unices), I will build fluidsynth as a .so too.

Absolutely! It may be news to you but the field of Linux audio is
filled with musicians who are also hackers.

Well, it is news to me that the field of Linux audio is filled with anyone ;)  It looked rather empty from what I've been able to see.

Waiting to see what you are going to come up with.

Hoping not to disappoint ;)

Regards,
Miguel