Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth changes

From: Topher Cyll
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth changes
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:53:03 -0400

I think if anything writing in C++ will make it easier to write bindings for
other languages, since those other languages are usually object-oriented
nowadays and their concepts are closer to C++ than to C.

I understand what you're getting at, but at least in my experience it
doesn't bear out.

I can only talk about Ruby, but having written bindings to C and C++
(including Ruby bindings to Fluidsynth), C is WAY easier.  You can
just use the dynamic linking module to hook straight into C libraries,
so no compilation is required.

Anyways, this isn't a reason not to convert, provided that a good C
API is still exported, but I just wanted to chime in.

Best of luck guys,
Toph