Re: [fluid-dev] Subversion migration

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Subversion migration
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:58:06 +0200

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 11:29 -0400, Marcus Planet wrote:
> I don't know if you can afford 8 dollars per month, Josh, and I'm not
> completely sure how/if version control works with this kind of web
> host, but 1and1.com is offering a great number of features (scripting,
> ssh access, 2500 Gig monthy transfer).  I'm giving them a try and at
> the very least they are well-suited for a sample sharing site as has
> been discussed.  That seems like a lot of bandwidth to me.
>
> cheers,
>
> Marc

Well $8/Month is rather affordable to me, but the question is more of if
they have what is needed.  This often means the ability to install
system software.  I do have a co-located server of my own
(resonance.org, where Swami is currently hosted).  Unfortunately the
bandwidth is currently throttled pretty low, so for long term it
probably would be a pain to have FluidSynth and an instrument database
also hosted there.  For the moment though, I think I will just set
things up on there, and hope its up to the task for the immediate future
and then I can upgrade the bandwidth or move it later.
        Josh