Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth scale tuning

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth scale tuning
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:40:54 +0000

Well, as I've mentioned before my knowledge of FluidSynth isn't all that
complete.  From an initial look at things though:

Looks like the cents to hertz calculation is where the action is
(fluid_ct2hz_real).  This can be found in src/fluid_conv.c.  I really
don't like the way that function looks ;)  There could indeed be some
issues with the way this conversion is done.  There is a table of 1200
values which corresponds to the absolute linear amount of each cent
value from 0-1199 (i.e., 2 ^ (i / 1200)).  I'll have a look over it some
more to verify that all is OK.  If you feel inspired to look at it
yourself and see something amiss, you know what to do :)  Cheers.
        Josh