Re: [fluid-dev] fluid_event_noteon() on channel 9 under winxp

From: Stephen Grant
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluid_event_noteon() on channel 9 under winxp
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:18:40 -0500

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was trying to get an open cymbal sound using the sequencer, and none of them worked using the SONiVOX.sf2 font (258mb).
(They all sound like a very short closed high hat sound)
Now I now realize the problem is not the sequencer, and possibly not even Fluidsynth. Contrary to my earlier statement, the open cymbal sounds (MIDI drumkit #'s 44,46,
49,51,52,53,55,57, 59) do not work using either fluid_event_noteon() or
fluid_synth_noteon() with SONiVOX, although all other instrument and drumkit instruments are fine. Also, these cymbal sounds are fine using the default font CT4MGM.sf2.
However, the SONiVOX cymbal sounds are correct using the Creative Sound Font
Bank Manager. Could there be a problem with how Fluidsynth deals with large fonts?
I am stumped as to why only the cymbal sounds would be a problem.
thanks

stephen grant

Original Message ----- From: "Josh Green" <address@hidden>