Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth_lib

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth_lib
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:02:31 +0000

I'm going through old emails now, so sorry for the late response.

It seems there were some changes between 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 related to the
hinstance stuff.  I'm no windows programmer, so I'm not exactly sure
what the issue is here.  From looking at the code though, I can see that
the error message "no hinstance needed for DirectSound" is not worded
correctly.  It should be something more like: "FluidSynth hinstance not
set, which is needed for DirectSound".  This gets set when the
FluidSynth DLL is loaded (if it is a DLL).  I'd give the newer version a
try.  If it still doesn't work, do let me know.  Regards,
        Josh