Re: [fluid-dev] soundfont editor recommendation?

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] soundfont editor recommendation?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:45:48 +0200

:::::::::7/06/06::::13:07 -0700::::lemondrop:::::::::
Fluidsynth Xtra.

Hi list,
just to follow up on Hunter's mail. Hunter's using the fluidXtra, which is a plugin for Macromedia Director that wraps the fluidsynth engine (http://www.as-ci.net/fluidXtra/). The plugin is a dll that is linked with the fluidsynth library, and that mostly just converts parameters back and forth and uses the fluidsynth library "as is", except for the unusual addition of enabling the use of sound files and Director sound assets as 'samples' in fluidsynth, a feature that Hunter does not us anyway. I'm not an expert of low level soundfont format and DSP so I could not answer his concerns about compatibility and redirected him to this list. I hope that he can get some help here about his concerns, especially the incompatibilities between some soundfont editors and the fluidsynth engine (as opposed to other soundfont players).
Thanks,
--

++ as