Re: [fluid-dev] Problem with some soundfonts

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Problem with some soundfonts
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:32:43 +0200

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 10:54 +0200, Antoine Schmitt wrote:
> The attached soundfont file breaks the fluid soundfont loader, which
> reports an error in the format (fluid_defsfont.c, line 1965, error
> "Invalid chunk id in INFO chunk") and then breaks my embedding
> application (Director in this case : the menus are all broken).
> But this soundfont works fine in Audio Compositor (on Windows) and in
> Quicktime on the Mac.
> Is this really a problem with the sound font, or a problem with fluid ?
> Thanks

That SoundFont contains an ICMS INFO field which isn't defined in the
SF2 spec (contains the value "for Zimmer Museum by Morton Subotnick").
Regardless though, the spec says if any unknown INFO chunks are found,
they should be ignored.  Therefore FluidSynth should be fixed in this
regard.  The FluidSynth SF2 loader is based on older code from Smurf
SoundFont Editor.  Of note is that Swami does not have this issue in its
SF loader.  Will fix, thanks for reporting this.  Cheers!
        Josh Green