Re: [fluid-dev] replace ladcca with lash

From: Frieder Bürzele
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] replace ladcca with lash
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:18:34 +0100

Josh Green wrote:
On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 02:52 +0100, Frieder Bürzele wrote:
Josh Green wrote:
I just applied this patch, after a little massaging (there were already
some changes to this code in CVS).  I was noticing that some Linux
distros still don't have a LASH package (gentoo in particular) but have
LADCCA instead.  This seems like somewhat of an issue, since anyone
currently relying on LADCCA might suddenly lose this support.  Is it too
early to convert to LASH completely?  Any suggestions?
        Josh Green
I'm using gentoo, but I think at least gentoo can move very quickly to lash
the list of ladcca/lash supported apps in gentoo aren't so long and I have already patches and ebuilds in my overlay. So I can try to send them to the gentoo-maintainer and if needed also upstream.

The api change is almost 5 month ago so I think the move is not to early.
But I don't know whats with other distributions.

Greetings

Frieder

Today I've been working on splitting off the LASH code into separate
source files (fluid_lash.c/fluid_lash.h) and providing support for both
LADCCA and LASH.  LASH will override LADCCA if both are detected at
configure time.  The FluidSynth settings options will be the same for
both, that is "lash.enable" for example.  Does this sound good?  I've
never used LASH with FluidSynth, does it provide a fairly restore-able
session experience currently?  I'd like to add support for this to Swami
at some point.  Best regards,
        Josh Green

yes this sounds good.
Basically the restore works fine, but if set a connection with qjackctl from fluidsynth to alsa_pcm in jack it won't be restored, only if I had started fluidsynth with --connect-jack-outputs

Greetings
Frieder