Re: [fluid-dev] Clicking, continued

From: kd4crel02
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Clicking, continued
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:44:28 -0500

On Thursday 10 February 2005 21:22, Josh wrote:
> Do you get the same results when using other programs?  (Give aplay a
> try, which comes with ALSA).

Actually I decided to write a very simple C program that just generates a
continuous sine wave and outputs it to the iMic via ALSA. And lo and behold,
it too exhibits the behaviour.

Also, I just realized that there's an OSS driver for USB sound cards, so I
compiled it and installed it, and tried running Fluidsynth using this OSS
driver, and again the clicking happens. So you might as well not worry about
this problem anymore, since it clearly has to do with either my USB interface
or the sound card itself. I'm tempted now to even try it out in Windows and
see if clicking and popping persists there (I haven't tried the card in
Windows yet).

I've already e-mailed Griffin's tech support about it; I hope they don't
ignore me because I'm running Linux. :P

I appreciate all your suggestions!

Take care,
Paul