Re: [fluid-dev] Re: macos x questions

From: Stéphane LETZ
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: macos x questions
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:09:18 +0200

On 31 août 04, at 22:11, Fausto Saporito wrote:

Il giorno 31/ago/04, alle 18:16, Stéphane Letz ha scritto:

MidiShare does not have any Inter application Midi routing capabilititie on Mac OSX.

But you can use the CoreMidi Inter application Midi routing capabilititie. On Panther there is an IAC driver in Audio/Midi setup. On Jaguar you can find programs for that (like MidiPipe)

Yes I saw the IAC driver in Audio/Midi setup, but i don't know how to configure it or if I have to add a "virtual" device. Under Linux, when I load FS I have a "virtual" synthetizer that can be used by the MIDI player.
Now i want to do the same under MacOS.

Open the Audio/Midi IAC driver, "connect" it, then add ports. Note that there is known bug : only the first IAC bus can be used correctly.

Basically you use MidiShare with its CoreMidi driver (the msMidiDriver that is installed by default). Using the MidiShare tool msDrivers, you can do a connection between MidiShare ports and CoreMidi devices. The you can route Midi output form the CoreMidi application in the the MidiShare/Fluidsynth component.

Where's msdrivers, in the package?

Installed by the MidiSHare installer in Application/MidiShare. There is some doc with it.

Stephane