[fluid-dev] Converting .raw files using sox

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: [fluid-dev] Converting .raw files using sox
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:03:02 +0200

Hi

I recently tried the audio file driver and I was able to produce a file "fluidsynth.raw". In order to convert it to a readable sound file format, one needs to enter the sampling rate, data size and encoding used for the raw file. The sampling rate I would presume is 44100 so I could enter the option "-r 44100". I would like to know if the data size is 8- or 16-bit and what form of encoding is used to create these raw files: u-law, ADPCM or signed linear?

Thanks in advance.
Ebrahim