[fluid-dev] LADSPA: Ports and nodes?

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: [fluid-dev] LADSPA: Ports and nodes?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:51:14 +0200

Hi

This may be a trivial question to many of you but how does one load and activate a ladspa plugin? Loading seems to work but I get an error message each time I try to start with "ladspa_start".

> set synth.ladspa-active on //this is just a comment only added in this message for clarity

> ladspa_add delay.so delay_5s 3 .5 //to apply 3 seconds of delay with a 50% wet signal
> ladspa_start
1 audio groups
***Error012***
Leftover tokens: 3 .5 ...

> ladspa_add delay.so delay_5s 3 .5 fluidsynth coreaudio //with fluidsynth input and coreaudio output
> ladspa_start
1 audio groups
***Error017***
Unable to find port '3' on plugin delay_5s
Port names are:
- `Delay (Seconds)'
- `Dry/Wet Balance'
- `Input'
- `Output'

> ladspa_add delay.so delay_5s 3 .5 1 2 //Are the input and output ports defined numerically?
> ladspa_start
1 audio groups
***Error017***
Unable to find port '3' on plugin delay_5s
Port names are:
- `Delay (Seconds)'
- `Dry/Wet Balance'
- `Input'
- `Output'

> ladspa_add delay.so delay_5s 3 .5
> applyplugin //the LADSPA_PATH environment variable was defined before starting fluidsynth
unknown command: applyplugin (try help)
> /sw/bin/applyplugin //Added the full path of the "applyplugin" binary which was not recognized
unknown command: /sw/bin/applyplugin (try help)

How does one specify the 'Input' and 'Output' ports?

ladspa_clear               Resets LADSPA effect unit to bypass state
ladspa_add lib plugin n1 <- p1 n2 -> p2 ... Loads and connects LADSPA plugin
ladspa_start               Starts LADSPA effect unit
ladspa_declnode node value Declares control node `node' with value `value'
ladspa_setnode node value  Assigns `value' to `node'

If "Delay", "Dry/Wet Balance", "input" and "Output" are ports what is a node? How does one assign values to nodes?

TIA.
Ebrahim