Re: [fluid-dev] [Alsa-user] fluidsynth multiple channels & ladspa (fwd)

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] [Alsa-user] fluidsynth multiple channels & ladspa (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:45:48 +0100

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible to get fluidsynth to output
different instruments on different midi channels to different audio
channels? For example, I would like to send a piano instrument on midi
channel 1 out of channels 1 & 2 of the my delta66 and then have a rhodes
ep on midi channel 2 sent out of channel 3 of the delta66 to an fx
processor.

We had done some work on that but it is very, very experimental.
It currently only work with the Jack driver. There are a number of
options that you have to pass to the synth. I guess they are:

fluidsynth -a jack -o audio.jack.multi=yes \
  -o synth.audio-channels=3 -o synth.audio-groups=3

This should configure the synth with 3 stereo outputs.
You cannot specify which midi channel goes to what audio output.
However, by default, midi channel 1 goes to audio channel 1, midi 2
to audio 2, midi 3 to audio 3. Then it wraps around: midi channel 4
goes to audio channel 1, midi 5 to audio 2, etc...

Like I said, it's very experimental.

> Also, is there any means to control ladspa parameters with midi
> signals in fluidsynth?

I don't think there is.

Cheers,
Peter