Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI stutters when I move windows

From: Menteco
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI stutters when I move windows
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:19:20 -0300

Florian Schmidt wrote:

I got this output:
$ jackstart
jackstart: not running suid root, can't use capabilities
   (currently running with uid=1000 and euid=1000),
   make jackstart suid root or start jackd directly
What should I do here?

yes, jackstart should be suid root. "make install" should have done that
for you though [if you compiled from source]..
I installed jack from the debian package. How can I make jackstart suid root? or should I start jackd directly? Do I have to start jack everytime I want to play some MIDI file with no stutter?
Regards,
Paul www.menteco.tk