Re: [fluid-dev] Installing fluid in Windows / Linux

From: Florian Schmidt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Installing fluid in Windows / Linux
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:14:09 +0100

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:43:48 -0600 (CST)
arnoldo Muller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear fluidsynth developers:
>
> I have been testing your program with midis and I
> really like it. It sounds better than virtua
> sampler...
>
> However, I don't know how to make it emulate a midi
> sound card. What I want is to play a midi in winamp
> and make fluidsynth read the events from the midi
> mapper.

I'm not a developer but i try to answer anyways [at least the linux
specific part]. start fluidynth like this for example:

fluidsynth -m alsa_seq /your/soundfont.sf2

to make it respond to alsa midi events. I don't know if this is
implemented for OSS or on windows but here it works good for me. Now, if
you have a midi file you can play it with some alsa-enabled midi player
or play it with your midi keyboard after connecting the midi coming from
your soudncard to fluidsynth using an alsa-midi patchbay.

Florian Schmidt