Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth does not start

From: menteco
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth does not start
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:15:41 -0300

I tried your advice but I got this:
address@hidden:~$ fluidsynth -a oss -m alsa_seq
cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541': Connection refused
cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling ladcca
fluidsynth: warning: Couldn't set high priority scheduling for the audio output ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
fluidsynth: error: Error opening ALSA sequencer
Failed to create the MIDI thread; no MIDI input
will be available. You can access the synthesizer
through the console.
fluidsynth version 1.0.3
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Peter Hanappe and others.
FLUID Synth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions; see the COPYING file for details.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

Type 'help' to get information on the shell commands.
-----------------------------------

Garett Shulman wrote:

have you tried something like: "fluidsynth -a oss -m alsa_seq" ? -Garett

menteco wrote:

This is what happens when I try to run Fluidsynth from a terminal (so I can see why it does not start):
--------------
address@hidden:~$ fluidsynth
cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541': Connection refused
cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling ladcca fluidsynth: pcm_params.c:2220: snd_pcm_hw_refine: Assertion `pcm && params' failed.
Aborted
I use Debian Sid Linux distro and installed Fluidsynth Version: 1.0.3-1by "apt-get install". Other audio programs like KMidi, Xmms, grip, kwave, Xine and CD player work fine. The only one that crashes is KMid. Hydrogen (a drum machine sequencer) works fine with the following configuration:
audio driver = OSSDriver,  buffer=1024
simple audio driver = dev/dsp
MIDIdriver = AlsaMidiDriver.
I need to have Fluidsynth properly installed because I want to install Swami.
Your help will be very apreciated.