[fluid-dev] Losing MIDI response in Fluidsynth

From: Allan Metts
Subject: [fluid-dev] Losing MIDI response in Fluidsynth
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:37:11 -0400

Anyone know what causes me to lose MIDI response in fluidsynth? I *think* it happens when I switch focus away from the terminal session that's running fluidsynth. I see the following messages:

> poll interrupted
> poll: Interrupted system call
fluidsynth: error: Error occured while reading ALSA sequencer events

After this, I'm dead in the water -- interactive commands still work, but I can't get it to play anything via MIDI. I can hook a MIDI monitor up to the same ALSA MIDI port that's feeding fluid synth, and it's still sending events.

I'm running with Jack audio, and alsa_seq MIDI. Five SoundFont files were loaded.

If there isn't a way to prevent this, is there at least a way to *recover* from it -- so I don't lose my configuration?

Thanks in advance!

A----