Re: [fluid-dev] Clearing an individual channel

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Clearing an individual channel
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:01:06 -0700

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 17:59, address@hidden wrote:
> Please pardon the newbie question, but how do I set a channel to a "null"
> patch -- or otherwise prevent it from sounding?

Thats actually not a newbie question, in fact it appears its missing
functionality :) Guess there should be a new command like:
"unselect <midi_chan>"

> I understand how to select instruments and presets from Soundfonts, but
> sometimes I want to bring in a different software synth for say, MIDI channel
> #7 -- and tell FluidSynth to stop making noise on that channel.  Can I do
> this with the PROG or SELECT syntax?
>

> Hey, while I'm asking newbie questions...
>
> Where to reverb presets come from?  I see a facility to choose them, but
> nothing to list or create them.  And am I correct in assuming that the reverb
> and chorus settings apply to *all* channels?

The reverb presets appear to consist of 5 test presets. I think the
ability to change or list these presets is lacking from the FluidSynth
shell. So in other words, the reverb presets are somewhat useless right
now, but you can set your own reverbs with the other reverb commands.
Yes, you are correct in that the reverb settings apply to all channels.

> Thanks in advance...
>
> Allan Metts

Your welcome, cheers.
        Josh Green