Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth gui?

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth gui?
Date: 22 Jul 2003 16:09:24 +0200

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 14:32, Levi Burton wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 07:14 am, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > Levi Burton wrote
> > > Well, I talked to Bob Ham and he said he is working on one -- I was just
> > > curious if anyone else was to.  I had never thought of using swami as a
> > > gui for fluidsynth -- is this possible?
> >
> > In fact, yes :-)
> >
> > Swami is a sampler in heart. If you load an SF into Swami, you can play
> > notes from a virtual keyboard (maybe even a real one).
>
> Right -- I use fluidsynth alongside of muse.  Don't need the virtual
> keyboard.
> So, ok then, ill give this a go.
>
> Thanks.

Perhaps you don't need the virtual keyboard, but editing/browsing
SoundFont files, adding modulators and changing effects in real time,
while sequencing with something like muse might be attractive to you.
Cheers.
        Josh Green

P.S. Still some bugs relating to sequencing multiple MIDI channels with
Swami, I've been meaning to fix this.