[fluid-dev] Re: More on getting FluidSynth/Swami to work on OS X

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: More on getting FluidSynth/Swami to work on OS X
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:42:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Josh Green wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 04:30, Joe Corneli wrote:
> > Clavier is infinitely configurable in the sense that you can make any
> > key on your computer's keyboard map to any MIDI note.  Your program sounds
> > enormously more featureful -- but this simple feature is the one I'm
> > most interested in.
> >
> > Joe
>
> Thats one feature that is lacking with the 0.9.x versions of Swami. I've
> thought about that kind of thing for the next version though. It would
> be really easy to implement, its just the importance of this feature is
> out weighed by other things right now.

If you get the other aspects of the code working so that I can run the
program, I could code this part (using the code for clavier as a
jumping-off point), freeing your mind up for the stuff you're more
concerned about.

Here is another question - as a short-term solution to some of my
problems, is there a way I could use Swami as a mididriver?  As in

clavier -o - | fluidsynth -a coreaudio -m <swami-midi-driver> ... ?

I wasn't able to get midishare to work, though I can tell it is paying
attention to what I do because whenever I run

clavier -o - | fluidsynth -a coreaudio -m midishare <sound font>

I get a message like this

[06/27/03 13:07:10]: MidiShare: cannot open audio timer

in the midishare log (~/MidiShare/midishare.log).  Any midishare folks out
there know what this means and/or how to make midishare work?

Joe