[fluid-dev] Successfully compiled for Mac OS X

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Successfully compiled for Mac OS X
Date: 14 Jun 2003 23:37:43 +0200

Well, I finally got access to an OS X machine and was able to get
FluidSynth to work. Lots of static though, probably need to increase the
audio buffer size. I also got Swami working on OS X, but the FluidSynth
plugin won't load correctly (missing symbols) and some other problems.
Seems like there are a lot of custom things going on with Mac OS X and
MinGW builds. I can see why it makes sense to use a separate build
system altogether. I think it will be much easier to integrate Mac OS X
into the build system then MinGW32 though. I'll let the list know when I
finally get this stuff working.

Joe Corneli:
You need to get the CoreAudio SDK installed. You'll find a file called
"CoreAudio" in the /System/Library/Framework/Versions/A/ directory (I'm
just guessing on that one, since I'm not currently at an OS X machine),
add "-L/System/Library/Framework/Versions/A -lCoreAudio" to the link
stage and things might work. I'll try and get FluidSynth to compile
fairly transparently though. Cheers.
        Josh Green