[fluid-dev] FluidSynth changes

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth changes
Date: 10 Jun 2003 12:13:31 +0200

I committed some minor changes to FluidSynth CVS including:

- added calls to pthread_attr_setschedparam to set the priority of
SCHED_FIFO threads (needed in order to actually use SCHED_FIFO), which
should fix the SCHED_FIFO bugs for the ALSA and OSS drivers. I'm using
a value of 90 for all thread priorities, it might make sense to make
this configurable via settings. I thought about making the audio threads
higher priority than audio, but this would just lead to dropouts in MIDI
processing if the audio thread starts consuming too much CPU.

- Applied the MIDISHARE patch from Stephane Letz

A new version of FluidSynth will be released soon, but I'd like to add
some of the Mac OS X related fixes first. Testing and feedback would be
appreciated. Cheers.
        Josh Green