[fluid-dev] FluidSynth and mingw32

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and mingw32
Date: 30 May 2003 13:09:13 -0700

Guess what.. I just got FluidSynth to cross compile on Linux for win32
using MinGW32!!! <- Deserves at least that many !s

Even direct sound is compiled in. I attempted to test fluidsynth with
wine and got:

fluidsynth: error: No hinstance needed for DirectSound
Failed to create the audio driver

Looking at the code I see that the hinstance is handled by
fluid_set_hinstance in fluid_dll.c. Unfortunately I don't see anywhere
this is called from. Likely it has something to do with config_win32.h
which is also missing (although I'm using autoconf to generate config.h
anyways). Anyone know where fluid_set_hinstance should be called from?

That much closer to getting Swami/FluidSynth running on that sorry
excuse for an OS. Whats even cooler is that I haven't even had to touch
a Micros~1 operating system :) Cheers!
        Josh Green