Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] compiling fluidsynth to use core audio
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 20:15:50 -0500 (CDT)

> Not being linked or compiled most likely. Seems src/Makefile.am is
> broken in this regard. Do you have automake installed? If you do you
> could edit src/Makefile.am and remove fluid_coreaudio.c from the
> EXTRA_DIST line and add it to libfluidsynth_la_SOURCES:

Can't remove it, because it wasn't there.

EXTRA_DIST = TODO acconfig.h acinclude.m4 fluidsynth.pc.in

I added this:

> libfluidsynth_la_SOURCES = \
>         fluid_adriver.c \
>         fluid_adriver.h \
>         fluid_alsa.c \
>         fluid_chan.c \
>         fluid_chan.h \
>         fluid_chorus.c \
>         fluid_chorus.h \
>         fluid_cmd.c \
>         fluid_cmd.h \
>         fluid_conv.c \
>         fluid_conv.h \
>       fluid_coreaudio.c \

Now Makefile.am looks like this:

## Process this file with automake to produce Makefile.in

SUBDIRS = src doc include
EXTRA_DIST = TODO acconfig.h acinclude.m4 fluidsynth.pc.in
DISTCLEANFILES = fluidsynth.pc
pkgconfigdir = $(libdir)/pkgconfig
pkgconfig_DATA = fluidsynth.pc
libfluidsynth_la_SOURCES = \
        fluid_adriver.c \
        fluid_adriver.h \
        fluid_alsa.c \
        fluid_chan.c \
        fluid_chan.h \
        fluid_chorus.c \
        fluid_chorus.h \
        fluid_cmd.c \
        fluid_cmd.h \
        fluid_conv.c \
        fluid_conv.h \
        fluid_coreaudio.c \

> Make sure there is nothing after the back slash. Then re-make which
> should cause automake to be invoked.

Yes, it did.

> If it has problems for some reason,
> just run "automake" from the FluidSynth toplevel directory. If the
> configure script gets run again, you may have to edit config.h to change
> the COREAUDIO_SUPPORT line back before you "make". We're getting close..

Unfortunately, make still gives me this:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_delete_fluid_core_audio_driver
_fluid_core_audio_driver_settings
_new_fluid_core_audio_driver