Re: [fluid-dev] problem: have no alsa-lib

From: Frank Barknecht
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] problem: have no alsa-lib
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 08:50:07 +0200

Hallo,
Mikhail Ramendik hat gesagt: // Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

> In my Linux distro (ASP Linux 7.3., a Russian derivative of Red Hat)
> alsa drivers are compiled into the kernel (version 0.9rc2, as I
> understood from some conversation;I don't know how to learn for sure).
> But an alsa-lib package for the distro is not available. (Requests in
> this support mailing list have been ignored for a day now.) Without
> alsa-lib, as far as I know, I won't be able to compile fluidsynth for
> alsa.

Just try to install alsa-lib by hand from the sources on
alsa-project.org.

But how do you control and stor for example the mixer settings without
alsa-lib? It's nearly impossible without the alsa-utils including
alsactl, alsamixer, .... And those need libasound. Are you really
sure, ASP compiled ALSA into the kernel???????? I cannot believe it.
Are there some online docs regarding this?

ciao