flexisip-developers

Flexisip - Asterisk Configuration

From: Peter Logan
Subject: Flexisip - Asterisk Configuration
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 21:13:33 +0000

Hello all,

I’m trying to set up Flexisip as a push gateway for my Asterisk server, and I’m not really sure how to go about doing so. The Asterisk community seems to suggest that I need to register my Flexisip gateway as if it were a softphone with Asterisk, and then make changes in the Asterisk dialplan to direct calls to and from the gateway. Problem is, I’m not sure how to register Flexisip as a phone with Asterisk, because I don’t see how to tell Flexisip to look for Asterisk. I’ve been on the docs, looked at this page: https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Flexisip/Configuration/Authentication/#History

As well as this:
https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Flexisip/HOWTOs/Push%20Gateway/

And I’ve implemented the basic setup shown at the end of the second link.

Some questions I’m running into are:

Is the idea of setting up Flexisip with Asterisk as a registered phone correct? Or should I be setting it up differently?

My gateway and my server are on the same host. Does this create issues?

How can I tell Flexisip to look for my server? Where do I put in the information in flexisip.conf such as IP address, port, user auth and password?

Additionally, how then, do I cause my phones to be directed through Flexisip instead of Asterisk? I am using Linphones on Android and iOS.

Thanks for any help and information!