ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] how to use an external mesh

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] how to use an external mesh
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:39:56 +0100

Pierre Michaud wrote:
> I have tried with a much finer mesh (>200000 tetrahedra), but I obtain
> the same wrong value
> as with the coarse mesh.
Ok. So this is a bug. I will have a look at it but I will be off-line
next week, so I cannot tell when it will be fixed.

> Actually, in the more complex (and asymetric) problems I am studying, I
> am using the fictitious domain method
> because my geometry is not a simple box, and I use the "extract" command
> to define boundaries.
When I was speaking of the symetry, I was speaking of the symetry of the
differential operators, not of the geometry. If the equation you are
solving is the same, you can definitly use a conjugate gradient ...

> I reach the memory limit during the initial phase, before the solver
> launches.
Yes, the geometry construction phase is quite consuming, this is true.

Thanks again for the report,
Regards,
Stephane.