fenfire-rdf-discuss

[Fenfire-rdf-discuss] RE: [Gzz] RE: [ba-ohs-talk] Fenfire, RDF (re "To

From: Danny Ayers
Subject: [Fenfire-rdf-discuss] RE: [Gzz] RE: [ba-ohs-talk] Fenfire, RDF (re "Towards a Standard Graph-Based...")
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:49:20 +0100

Hello new list!

> this was discussed in the Fenfire context a few weeks ago,
> .. in a way it's a transclusion and we have seen visualisations of that,
> right? though it's not obvious what would be a clear notation in complex
> graphs etc. perhaps some lumineous beam would do :)

Heh, the beam sounds good - perhaps it could have an electrical crackling
noise too?

I've yet to get to the stage where I can really start playing with this
stuff (apart from with felt tip pens), but I imagine there are a few cues
that might help - having the different instances of the same node being the
same colour springs to mind.

> and of course animation (interpolation) when the scene changes (due to
> either context (focus) or view change) (btw if someone knows of a decent
> cell divison algorithm i'd be interested, akin to the style of e.g.
> http://biog-101-104.bio.cornell.edu/BioG101_104/tutorials/cell_div
> ision/CDCK/cdck.html

Yep.

I think one of the keys to the (relative) success of projects like
TouchGraph, TheBrain and Plumb Design is their use of animation - it not
only helps you make sense of the picture, it can also be really compelling.

Cheers,
Danny.