AW: Raspberry model

From: Martin Kaiser
Subject: AW: Raspberry model
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 11:03:15 +0200

Dear Ahmad,

I think that those 3 papers by de Graaf et. al. are a good source for what you need. I recommend reading those. Also check the references therin!

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1503.02671

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1503.02681

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1602.07560

Those, combined with the espresso tutorial on raspberries and documentation (both can be found on the website), should give you a reasonable input on how to proceed with non-spherical particles.

If there is no need for the explicit use of Lattice-Boltzmann, there is also the possibility to create your own model based on virtual sites of different sizes. Like it is done here with cubes:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00268976.2020.1740806

Hope this helps.

Best,

Martin