Re: Constraint violated by particle

From: Ahmad Reza Motezakker
Subject: Re: Constraint violated by particle
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 21:43:40 +0000

Dear David, Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your constructive hints.
As you suggested, I initiated the polymers far from the constraint and the issue is solved.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Reza

On 13 Nov 2019, at 10:04, Peter Košovan <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

This is the consequence of all forces being capped. Then, there is a finite energy needed to cross the barrier, and hence finite probability that this happens during the warmup. The same situation occurs when warming up a polymer with FENE bonds.

Tweaking the warmup loop will not solve the problem, it will only decrease the probability that this happens.

If you set penetrable=true, then you will have to ensure that all particles are within the pore after you set penetrable=false.

What helps is setting up the polymer well inside the pore, and avoiding warmup and replacing it e.g. by steepest descent energy minimization.

With regards,

Peter