Re: Problem with Coulomb Energy

From: Florian Weik
Subject: Re: Problem with Coulomb Energy
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 13:05:53 +0100

Hi,

thank you for reporting this. There is a prefactor bug in the

energy calculation. I'll fix it and let you known then it is done.

For reference:

Line 1061 of src/core/electrostatics_magnetostatics/elc.cpp reads

  /* we count both i<->j and j<->i, so return just half of it */
  return 0.5 * eng;

which is incorrect, because 'eng' also contains the dipole correction

which is not a pair force.

Cheers,

Florian