Re: [ESPResSo-users] Installation problem

From: Kai Szuttor
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Installation problem
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:51:06 +0200

Hi,

the original error message:

[ 61%] Generating code_info.pyx
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/shawn/sourcecode/espresso/src/python/espressomd/io/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
  File "/home/shawn/sourcecode/espresso/src/python/espressomd/io/writer/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
ValueError: attempted relative import beyond top-level package
/bin/sh: line 1: 15371 Aborted                 (core dumped) /home/shawn/soft/python3/bin/python3 gen_code_info.py /home/shawn/sourcecode/espresso/src/features.def /home/shawn/sourcecode/espresso/build4/src/python/espressomd/code_info.pyx
make[2]: *** [src/python/espressomd/code_info.pyx] Error 134
make[1]: *** [src/python/espressomd/CMakeFiles/code_info.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

looks to me as the interpreter tries to import espressomd modules although there is no package information due to
the fact that at that point a python script (gen_code_info.py) is called.

I don’t see why this should be related to any arch. More probably would be an issue with the build system generator (cmake).

Best,

Kai

Kai Szuttor
Institute for Computational Physics