Re: [ESPResSo-users] Modelling Fibres in Fluid

From: Ivan Cimrak
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Modelling Fibres in Fluid
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:37:47 +0100

Dear Omri,

Regarding the use of the module Object-in-fluid to model fibres, I think it is indeed possible. In this case, the fibres needs to be considered as tubes with some thickness, discretized by a triangular mesh on its surface. This mesh can have its own elasticity that can be tuned with elastic coefficients.

Recently, we published the following book
https://www.crcpress.com/Computational-Blood-Cell-Mechanics-Road-Towards-Models-and-Biomedical-Applications/Cimrak-Jancigova/p/book/9781138506084

Although its primal focus is on blood cell modelling, a huge part of the book is directly devoted to general concepts of mesh models development and is applicable to your problem as well.

If you need further assistance, just let me know,

Ivan