[ESPResSo-users] Subtracted LJ bond

From: Clemens Jochum
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Subtracted LJ bond
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:05:55 +0200

Dear all,

I'm trying to use the subtracted LJ bond [1] and it is not working
correctly when I'm using LJ with offset. I'm using the current
development version of espresso.

I attached a MWE of my system without thermostat, where the conformation
is such that with subtracted LJ bond between all particles there should
be no forces present. Without offset and the subtracted LJ bond, the
forces are 0 as expected. But with offset and subtracted LJ bond the
forces are NAN or if I don't update the forces and try to integrate some
bond is immediately broken.

I think either the subtracted LJ-bond ignores the offset and calculates
the wrong (very large) value orthe subtracted LJ-bond does not calculate
at all below the offset and just reads in some NAN value.

Is there a way to fix this?

Best,
Clemens

[1] http://espressomd.org/html/doc/inter.html#subtracted-lennard-jones-bond