Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulating partially immersed deformable objects

From: Marcello Sega
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulating partially immersed deformable objects
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 08:05:38 +0200

Dear Edvin,

as far as the Shan Chen CPU issue is concerned, there is a branch
implementing it, which has not been merged yet, at

https://github.com/Marcello-Sega/espresso/tree/master

About OIF, in case it works out of the box with Shan Chen on cpu
(which I don't know), surely it has not been tested.

Regarding using the single-component LB, remember that you will loose
all capillary effects. Also, and this is valid for Shan Chen as well,
we have no excluded volume effect: this is usually a dominant
contribution for mesoscopic objects like colloids.

Cheers,

--
University of Vienna, Institute of Computational Physics