[ESPResSo-users] Tcl, Python and Espresso

From: Michael Winokur
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Tcl, Python and Espresso
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:36:35 -0500

Hello All,

It has been awhile since I've used Espresso and much has changed.  It would appear that the Tcl front-end will soon become obsolete in a transition to Python.  Will there be tools for translating Tcl scripts into Python or would I be advised to retool for Python.  If Python then would I be advised to download the development version of Espresso?  The documentation for using Python in version 3.3.1 seems a bit sparse.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Winokur
Department of Physics