Re: [ESPResSo-users] Problem with output

From: Nairhita Samanta
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Problem with output
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 11:12:58 +0530

Thank you everyone for your quick response. I will look into this book and the script. If the problem still persists, I will mail again.

Regards,
Nairhita

On Apr 30, 2016 9:22 PM, "Florian Weik" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,
if you do not set a seed, Espresso and the random numbers provided by Espresso in TCL (by the t_random command) behave deterministically, which means that if you do not set a different seed, the script will produce the same output. I am not sure how rand, which is provided by TCL behaves.

If you are not sure about PRNGs and their meaning for MD simulations you should look that up in a standard textbook like Frenkel and Smit.

Hope that helps,
Florian