Re: [ESPResSo-users] OIF_Implementation - Creating Template

From: Iveta Jancigova
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] OIF_Implementation - Creating Template
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:45:07 +0100

Hello Markus,

Firstly, my apologies for the cryptic error message. In the newer version of
object-in-fluid implementation, these have been fixed.

But it seems that what happened is that you have used an incorrect keyword in
the oif_mesh_analyze procedure (perhaps a typo "orientatin 1” as I’m reading in
your message, instead of “orientation 1”). If the triangulation is correct,
oif_mesh_analyze does not produce any error messages.

Best,
Iva

ps just a tip: You don’t actually have to create a template to check a
triangulation. You can use oif_mesh_analyze directly after oif_init

> Predmet:      [ESPResSo-users] OIF_Implementation - Creating Template
> Dátum:        Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:31:11 +0000
> Od:   Wink, Markus <address@hidden>
> Pre:  'address@hidden' <address@hidden>
>

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have got a question concerning creating a template for using the
> oif-implementation.
>
> After creating my mesh-nodes and triangulization, I wanted to check,
> whether I have done it correctly. For that I used the command
>
> *oif_mesh_analyze nodes-file $fileNodes triangles-file $output
> orientation 1*
>
> I noticed, that the facets of the triangles showed in the wrong
> direction. So I used
>
> *oif_mesh_analyze nodes-file $fileNodes triangles-file $fileTriangles
> repair $output 1*
>
> **
>
> to achieve the right orientation of the facets. But: After checking, if
> the repaired facets are correct (using the command “orientatin 1” again
> on the new triangle-file), I get as an output “error s” (see output at
> the bottom of the message).
>
> Does anybody knows where does error message comes from? Shall I be
> worried about it?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Greetings
>
> Markus
>
> /_Output:_/
>
> __
>
> The following oif_template will be created:
>
>         nodes-file:     sphere_nodes.dat
>
>         triangles-file: sphere_triangles.dat
>
> ks:             0.0
>
>         kb:             0.0
>
>         kal:            0.0
>
>         kag:            0.0
>
>         kv:             0.0
>
> stretch:        1.0 1.0 1.0
>
> Data extracted from the input files:
>
>         nnodes:         234
>
>         ntriangles:     464
>
> The following oif_object will be created:
>
>         template_id:    0
>
>         mass:           1
>
>         particle_type:  0
>
>         mol:            0
>
>         rotate:         0 0 0
>
>         origin:         50 50 50
>
> generating particles
>
> error s

Iveta Jancigova, PhD student
Faculty of Management Science and Informatics
University of Zilina, Slovakia
cell-in-fluid research group: http://cell-in-fluid.fri.uniza.sk