[ESPResSo-users] Object in Fluid

From: Wink, Markus
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Object in Fluid
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:31:27 +0000

Dear all,

I tried to simulate the movement of a particle past an obstacle inside a microfluidic channel using the oif method. At the moment I am facing the problem, that, when the particle gets near the object, the simulation stops and prints out the error message:

“broken: particles sum 2, id 0, partn 2, bond 2346”

I am not exactly sure, what that error message means. I guess, that the bond of the object tears apart, so I could change the parameters of the bond. Does anyone have a clue? For the potential between the particle and the obstacle, I have chosen a soft sphere potential.

The files are attached.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Greetings

Markus