Re: [ESPResSo-users] Suddenly energy increases alot

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Suddenly energy increases alot
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:08:25 +0100

Hi Roya,

during the warmup, you can also monitor the closest distance between two particles via "analyze mindist". If that doesn't show any tendency to increase, the density of your system is simply too high  - which you can check also directly: everything above 1 particle per diameter^3 will not work.

Otherwise, an alternative way of constructing your system could be as follows: if I got the description of your system right, you could create the system first with almost stretched polymers in a larger cylinder, and then slowly decrease the size of this cylinder (by deleting and recreating the constraint). The change must be really small, like 0.01 diameters every 100 time steps or so.

Axel