[ESPResSo-users] different simulation scenario on desktop or cluster

From: Arash Azari
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] different simulation scenario on desktop or cluster
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 03:36:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I have a very strange situation and I cannot find any proper solution for it; I highly appreciate any recommendations.
Here is the problem:
I have a simulation system (polymer and ions with repulsive wall) and when I run this simulation on my desktop everything is fine (run on single CPU with 6 cores) regardless of skin parameter (0.4) and the warm up steps; it works even with a very short warm up.

When I try to run this simulation on a cluster, a few steps after warm up it crashes with the sometimes bond broken error or wall constraint violation error. I tried different nodes and cores combinations and even on a single node with 2 CPUs (run on 12 cores) it crashes. I have changed the skin parameter up to 2.0 and very long warm up and still I get the same error messages a few steps after the warm up.
I should mention that I did not cap the interactions between the particles (polymer or ion) and the walls during the warm up.
I am not sure whether it is because of the MPI settings on the cluster or not, but the cluster administrators are not helpful at all to ask anything about the system settings and configuration.
I attached the config.log file if it helps.
Thank you very much,

Best regards,
Arash

Arash Azari