Re: [ESPResSo-users] Langevin vs. Berendsen thermostat

From: Koen Nickmans
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Langevin vs. Berendsen thermostat
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:34:18 +0200

Hi guys,

thanks for clearing that up so quickly! I was not aware of the global/local difference. I've listed the reference from the UG below, it would appear then that this reference is incorrect (if I understand correctly now in any case :) )

Thanks again,
Koen

Berendsen, H. J. C., Postma, J. P. M., Van Gunsteren, W. F., DiNola, a., & Haak, J. R. (1984). Molecular dynamics with coupling to an external bath. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 81(8), 3684. doi:10.1063/1.448118