[ESPResSo-users] Command galileiTransformParticles

From: Salvador H-V
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Command galileiTransformParticles
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:17:37 -0600

Dear All,

I am trying to simulate a system using DPD thermostat.

In the user guide i found the following sentence: "... before using dpd, you have to stop the center of mass motion of your system, which
you can achieveby using the command galileiTransformParticles. This may be repeated once in a while for long runs due to round off errors (check this with the command system_com_vel) "

I did no find more information about these two commands.
I would appreciate any help of how to apply both commands inside an ESPResSo simulation. What is the syntaxis?

By the way, using the 2.1.5 version of ESPResSo I observed some unexpected behavior for a single dumbbell system using DPD thermostat.  The dumbbell seems to translates and rotates only in one direction. When I use the Langevin thermostat it seems to perform both translation and rotation random/brownian movement.  I using the same system with both thermostats. Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Thans a lot,

Salvador H-V

--
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Dr. Salvador Herrera Velarde
Division de Ciencias e Ingenierias
Campus Leon
Universidad de Guanajuato

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Este correo ha sido editado para evitar el uso de acentos y guardar compatibilidad entre
diferentes distribuciones