[ESPResSo-users] Periodic boundary condition.

From: Joe
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Periodic boundary condition.
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:03:26 -0500

Hello developers,

I have a question about the periodic boundary condition.
Followed the 2.3. Creating the first simulation script part from the user's guide, I set the MD box as the following:  setmd box_l $box_l $box_l $box_l . I tried to run it without  'setmd periodic 1 1 1'. I didn't find any difference except for negative coordinates in vtf files. When box_l is positive, should the coordinates always be equal to or greater then zero?

Thanks a lot.
Joe